OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Slow Container Network Speeds (Node network speed fine)
Slow Container Network Speeds [message #45658] Tue, 27 March 2012 18:38 Go to next message
FRCorey is currently offline  FRCorey
I saw the other post about this from last month, but I'm not virtualizing OpenVZ it's installed directly on the node a DELL 2950 III. I can transfer files fine from the node iteself at full 100M speeds, but the containers are transferring at 300k. No traffic shaping, tcpdump shows nothing out of the ordinary just slow transfers.

If I do a SCP to a device it's fast 5Mbit limited by the end device on a cable modem, if it do a SCP from the container it's 300k.

Similar situation to the SolusVM node which is on a gigiabit connection.

It seems inbound traffic to the container works fine, but outbound traffic is limited for some reason.

Now here's where it gets strange. on the same vlan CT can run full speed to another linux server, in either direction. It's when it's between another network is when it gets slow. All other machines on the Vlan can transmit outside that vlan at full speeds including the OpenVZ node, just no the container.

Re: Slow Container Network Speeds [message #45684 is a reply to message #45658] Wed, 28 March 2012 20:55 Go to previous message
FRCorey is currently offline  FRCorey
I rebuilt the container and the issue went away. So not sure what caused the problem. If it happens again I'll post more detailed network traces.
Previous Topic: abnormal memory centos EL6 64
Next Topic: TUN causing instability.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 16 01:39:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05006 seconds