OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » HA for VE haproxy
HA for VE haproxy [message #45638] Sun, 25 March 2012 02:54 Go to next message
ktwalrus is currently offline  ktwalrus
I'm looking into adding High Availability for haproxy Virtual IP.

Let's say I have 4 HNs each with a VE running Centos 6 and haproxy for load balancing.

My research seems to indicate I might need to install and use Keepalived to make the haproxy VEs HA.

How do I best do this? My VEs all currently use venet0 for network access. Do I install Keepalived on each HN? Should the VIP be added to each VE so when Keepalived changes eth0 to route this IP to the VE on the HN?

I'm a bit confused as to how all this works. There is a Wiki page on the subject, but it seems half written doesn't go into how this all could work (just says to add NET_ADMIN capability to VE and add some kernel modules to the HN).
Re: HA for VE haproxy [message #48834 is a reply to message #45638] Fri, 14 December 2012 00:33 Go to previous message
ktwalrus is currently offline  ktwalrus
I'm still interested in this even though I just put the haproxy/keepalived services on non-OpenVZ servers.

Is anyone running haproxy in two OpenVZ containers (that may be running on different HNs) and using keepalived/heartbeat for HA? Seems like the wiki should be updated on this subject. Must keepalived be installed in the HNs or can it be installed in the haproxy containers?
Previous Topic: Ubuntu10.04 and vzctl4.1.1
Next Topic: add another vz directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 19:08:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01902 seconds