OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Containers able to access all RAM on physical node
Containers able to access all RAM on physical node [message #45387] Wed, 29 February 2012 23:27 Go to next message
canadian is currently offline  canadian
Hi there,

I have 2 OpenVZ servers, one runs beautifully. The other one I just setup a while ago, and for some reason any containers we create on it are able to see all the RAM on the physical server.

I'm not sure what is causing this, we use the same VEID.conf configurations on both servers (literally, I just copied them over and we just change the IP and Hostnames).

The server runs fine, but I'm concerned about why these containers are able to do this. My gut tells me it's something with the hardware node, but I can't figure out what setting this might be.

Both servers are running CentOS 5.7 and identical hardware (though the new server has 2 hard drives with RAID1).

I'm totally dumbfounded. The containers run fine, and use the exact same .conf files as the first server. The first servers' VPS's cannot see/access the full RAM on the server, but for some reason this new server is letting VPS's see all 32GB RAM.

Could somebody point me in the right direction?
Re: Containers able to access all RAM on physical node [message #45403 is a reply to message #45387] Fri, 02 March 2012 21:44 Go to previous message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
I assume you're using same kernel and vzctl version on both? Which are they, BTW?
Previous Topic: PCI: Bridg
Next Topic: Debian is about to drop support for OpenVZ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 17:16:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04646 seconds