OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » What is the default set of capabilities? (I know how to add/remove capabilities. But what is the default set of capabilities?)
icon5.gif  What is the default set of capabilities? [message #45218] Tue, 14 February 2012 12:05 Go to next message
nils.toedtmann
vzctl(8) says:

Quote:
--capability capname:on|off

Sets a capability for a container. Note that setting capability when the container is running does not take immediate effect; restart the container in order for the changes to take effect. Note a container has default set of capabilities, thus any operation on capabilities is "logical and" with the default capability mask.

What is the "default set of capabilities"?
Re: What is the default set of capabilities? [message #45219 is a reply to message #45218] Tue, 14 February 2012 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

See vzctl sources, in particular src/lib/cap.c:

http://git.openvz.org/?p=vzctl;a=blob;f=src/lib/cap.c

It is there, defined as CAPDEFAULTMASK and (as a fallback for older kernels) CAPDEFAULTMASK_OLD.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png

[Updated on: Tue, 14 February 2012 13:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What is the default set of capabilities? [message #45221 is a reply to message #45219] Tue, 14 February 2012 15:55 Go to previous message
nils.toedtmann
Hi Kir, thank you for your quick response!

But now i realize my actual question is:

• Which capabilities are by default set to "on" for a new VM?

and i am not sure whether this is equivalent to my original question ("What is the default set of capabilities?")

So: Are the caps listed in CAPDEFAULTMASK those who are enabled by default, or is it only the list of availbale but not necessarily activated caps?

Previous Topic: VZmigrate not work
Next Topic: Which CTID for a PID ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 13:09:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02322 seconds