OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » recalculate quotas online
recalculate quotas online [message #44781] Tue, 03 January 2012 18:12
lastguru is currently offline  lastguru

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to recalculate vz quotas online. I have them broken (due to kernel panic) and the quota file is a month old (which is bad). I needed that machine up ASAP, so I started it without quotas. Now how do I get quotas there without restarting?

Quota recalcultation there is NOT FAST. It takes half an hour (the container is 250GB large and has lots of files, also huge directories of small files). And I can't afford to wait so long. The resulting quota file may be imprecise. I can live with losing an hour worth quota updates, but I can't live with waiting half an hour without the web page working.

From now on I am planning to do "vzquota stat" each 10 minutes to write the current status all the time and forcefully stopping quota before starting the containers, so that they will start at once without recalculating. I do not understand, however, why the quota file is not updated on disk. Is it a bug? Writing a custom cron script with "vzquota stat" does not seem to be even remotely beautiful...

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2012 18:13]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: iptables problems
Next Topic: Temporary failure in name resolution.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 11 23:50:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05393 seconds