OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Inter VE Communications? (HOWto securely communicate between VE Containers without causing a weakness?)
Inter VE Communications? [message #44093] Tue, 15 November 2011 21:30 Go to next message
lemmingNO1 is currently offline  lemmingNO1
I am looking at implementing the HN based firewall method described on the wiki page, titled "Setting up an iptables firewall" where the HN creates and controls the VE's firewalls.
If that isn't the firewall method I should be implementing for what I want to do, please point me to what I do need.

I want my catalogue sales in VE 101 Container and my company bookkeeping and accounting in VE 102 for security's sake. -At least, I am assuming it is more secure to do this.

From a Security viewpoint, what would be the best/proper way to communicate my sales happening in VE 101 to VE 102 where my business's bookkeeping is happening, giving me a fully integrated automatic environment?

And could you provide an example of the programming statement that would be used to send this information from VE 101 to VE 102, and for receiving that information in VE 102?

Thanks!
Re: Inter VE Communications? [message #44095 is a reply to message #44093] Wed, 16 November 2011 06:10 Go to previous message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
To properly solve this problem, consider your VE's to be the equivalent of two separate pieces of hardware.

So your question is really about the communication of two separate programs on two separate servers. There is nothing openvz specific about this.

To point you in some probable direction, I'd consider implementing some kind of web service. Something like a SOAP or XML-RPC client/server. It really depends on what kind of data are you going to interchange and what kind of sales and accounting software you use. Perhaps your software already supports something like this, perhaps not.

If not, this requires fairly advanced programming.
Previous Topic: Poor bandwidth (both in general and distributed)
Next Topic: Suse container under debian host
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 17:30:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03188 seconds