OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ VPS vs GlusterFS (Has anyone ever managed to put them together?)
OpenVZ VPS vs GlusterFS [message #43929] Sun, 30 October 2011 21:27 Go to next message
Smeagle is currently offline  Smeagle
Hy, everyone!

As a VPS user, all I have is root access to the container, I'm not the node's admin. Is there any way to make GlusterFS work given that fuse or NFS kernel modules are not loaded?

All I'm looking for is a solution to keep one directory in sync between two servers.

Thank you!
Re: OpenVZ VPS vs GlusterFS [message #43932 is a reply to message #43929] Mon, 31 October 2011 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
I think this won't be possible without your provider's help.
Re: OpenVZ VPS vs GlusterFS [message #43933 is a reply to message #43932] Mon, 31 October 2011 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smeagle is currently offline  Smeagle
Thanks for answering!

Those are some pretty low end boxes, I hardly think they would bother setting those things up just for a couple of bucks a month...

Well, are you aware of any alternative to GlusterFS and DRBD out there? Anything rsync-like will do it, as long as it is real time...
Re: OpenVZ VPS vs GlusterFS [message #43947 is a reply to message #43933] Wed, 02 November 2011 14:04 Go to previous message
TheStig is currently offline  TheStig
that depends on what it is supposed to do exactly.

if you need a locking mechanism in place or have many thousand directories I don't think a VPS without support from your provider is not the right choice for what u'r trying to archive.

if we are talking simply about a few directories with mostly static content where there is no locking needed, u could write yourself an inotify-script that triggers rsync the moment a file changes.
Previous Topic: Moving centos 5 installation to an openvz container
Next Topic: help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 14:31:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02432 seconds