OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* Running vmware on the main server with openvz
*SOLVED* Running vmware on the main server with openvz [message #4389] Sun, 09 July 2006 15:58 Go to next message
hello-world is currently offline  hello-world

I have installed openvz on a server, and now i want to run vmware in the main system. Is it possible to do this?

i am not intending to run vmware INSIDE a vps, but rather on the main system itself, but vmware just exited when i ran /usr/local/bin/vmware. The installation was reported as a great success though. The vmware compiled all the requisite modules, and told me that the they loaded into the kernel perfectly.l

thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 July 2006 21:06] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Running vmware on the main server with openvz [message #4390 is a reply to message #4389] Sun, 09 July 2006 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello-world is currently offline  hello-world

Sorry for the hasty post. The issue was with lack of X server for teh Vmware workstation. I ran an strace and saw the error. But anyway, the question sort of stands though. is there any limitation in running a vmware with the openvz kernel?

Just curious whether the vmware kernel modules will conflict the openvz ones. Actually it shouldn't be an issue since they are totally different virtualization methods, but i was just wondering.

thanks.
Re: Running vmware on the main server with openvz [message #4442 is a reply to message #4390] Mon, 10 July 2006 21:06 Go to previous message
dev is currently offline  dev

there is no any conflicts between openvz host system and vmware.
you can run vmware in VE0 (openvz host/main system) as well as run openvz inside VMware.

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Previous Topic: Control Painel
Next Topic: Create a template cache from other Linux OS not RPM based
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 14:27:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02558 seconds