OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » How do I setup NFS server in a container at all?
How do I setup NFS server in a container at all? [message #43820] Tue, 18 October 2011 16:19 Go to next message
VinzC is currently offline  VinzC
Hi all.

I've installed Gentoo Linux on my hardware node, kernel 2.6.32 feotkistov.1 and vzctl version 3.0.28.3. I'm not sure I understand the Wiki correctly about setting up a "kernel NFS server".

The hardware node is prepared for serving NFS in that I have compiled NFS as modules and they're currently loaded on the hardware node. What I need is to setup a NFS server in a container with file locking. Is it possible at all with the current version of vzctl and OpenVZ kernel sources?

EDIT: Now it even looks like all of the user space NFS servers have been retired from Debian, the last one being unfs3 Sad . Needless to say I'm kind of screwed. And I definitely need an NFS server in a container.

Thanks for any hint or suggestion.

Vince C.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 October 2011 10:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I setup NFS server in a container at all? [message #43979 is a reply to message #43820] Fri, 04 November 2011 14:07 Go to previous message
VinzC is currently offline  VinzC
I have installed a CentOS-5.7 virtual machine in a KVM guest, installed OpenVZ in that guest properly then created a Debian VPS and NFS worked in the container. I checked
grep nfsd /proc/filesystem

from the container and it returned
nodev    nfsd

I then installed nfs-kernel-server in the same container. I got a warning saying the nfsd module couldn't be loaded but I could at least start the nfsd service! Now the Debian container that runs in my KVM guest serves NFS requests.

So it looks like it is only an issue with my Gentoo installation on the hardware node.

Can anybody provide some help? Does the issue relate to the kernel or to vzctl? Will I have to reinstall the hardware node with CentOS?

Vince C.
Previous Topic: OpenVZ Networking Question
Next Topic: How to install OpenVZ on CentOS 6 with RAID10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 01:29:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03219 seconds