OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Problem with access a vps
Problem with access a vps [message #43787] Sat, 15 October 2011 21:14 Go to next message
dix1 is currently offline  dix1
Hi all,

I have just setup centos and created 8 vps's, of which 3 i am trying to setup. On of the vps's is a dns server and i have setup a fake domain in bind9 and setup the nameserver as 127.0.0.1 and when i nslookup the fake domain the ip comes back fine. When i try putting the nameserver has the ip of the vps thats running bind9 on the host it does not work, also i have tried setting up a proper domain i have for the pass few hours and it looks like that its not liking the vps ip. I have pinged the ip from the host server and from the other 2 vps's and i get a response back no loss packets.

Is there something in place to stop communication to the vps's in anyway has like i said if i am on the dns vps and nslookup the fake domain it works fine and but on the host.

Many thanks
Re: Problem with access a vps [message #43791 is a reply to message #43787] Sun, 16 October 2011 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone!!!!!!!!!

P.s i have turned off all iptables firewalls etc still does it ??
Re: Problem with access a vps [message #43792 is a reply to message #43787] Sun, 16 October 2011 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rene is currently offline  Rene
Sorry, don't understand your problem. Do you have a dns problem or a vps connection problem?

Try to explain it in a different way.

Maybe a language problem - you know there are German/French/Russian subforums as well?

[Updated on: Sun, 16 October 2011 10:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with access a vps [message #43793 is a reply to message #43792] Sun, 16 October 2011 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi madsere,

Sorry i was in a rush to get it sorted and my fingers work quicker than my brain.

I have this setup:

HOST CENTOS

VPS DNS
VPS MYSQL
VPS WEB SERVER

I have setup a test domain and setup bind9 and if i enter dns vps and set the nameserver as 127.0.0.1, the ip of the domain comes back fine. When i set the nameserver to the ip of the dns vps on the host it does not work. I know i have done eveything right on the dns side and also i have not had a problem before only when setting it up on a vps ( openvz ) so i just wondered if there's anything in place that stop communication of any sort.

Or is it me not doing something right?
Re: Problem with access a vps [message #43811 is a reply to message #43787] Mon, 17 October 2011 15:51 Go to previous message
fstn is currently offline  fstn
Did you disable your firewall?
Previous Topic: VLANs
Next Topic: make virtual network
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 09:17:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03906 seconds