OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Feature Request - vzquota calculation run after container startup (Vzquota calculation while Ve already running)
Feature Request - vzquota calculation run after container startup [message #43711] Fri, 07 October 2011 22:43 Go to next message
bjdea1 is currently offline  bjdea1
Hi,
I've been having to reboot my server (hardware node) a number of times lately due to some stability issues as well us updates etc. Whenever there has been a hardware node crash the vzquotas keep needing to be recalculated each time before the containers will start again (after reboot/power cycling). With a large VPS it can take over an hour to run teh vzquota calculation. Is there any possibility that a vzquota calculation could be done after a VPS has already started running? In other words could the VPS be started immediately and then the vzquota calculation run in the background, meaning less downtime. This would greatly help us and I'm sure many others who experience a random crash from time to time.

Deasoft.com Hosting/Software
AutoBillMe.com Billing Automation

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2011 22:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Feature Request - vzquota calculation run after container startup [message #43734 is a reply to message #43711] Mon, 10 October 2011 20:21 Go to previous message
Rene is currently offline  Rene
Sounds like a good idea to me, but I think you need to add it to the bugzilla system for anyone to take notice...
Previous Topic: [SOLVED] Cannot stop / destroy container
Next Topic: Server crash frequently
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 17:16:54 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04721 seconds