OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Assign domainname to container (Is it possible to assign a domain name to an openVZ container)
Assign domainname to container [message #43530] Mon, 19 September 2011 18:03
ovz123 is currently offline  ovz123
Hello OpenVZ community,

I have a question about assigning a domain name to a container.
I hope you can help me out on this one Wink.

Lets say I have the following configuration:
One host machine running OpenVZ with multiple containers (each running a linux distribution). And the host machine has only one external accessible ip address assigned to it. The containers use local ip addresses assigned by the openVZ dhcp server.

Now here is the situation I have. I would love to access all three linux distro's (running in 3 separate containers) from the outside world. Let's say all tree linux distributions run a webserver on port 80 and an ssh server on port 22.

Now I want to assign each container an unique domain-name which gets redirected (inside the server) to the proper destination.
So for example if I navigate to site1.com I get connected to the linux webservice from container 1, and if I type site2.com I get connected to the linux webservice from container 2.

Is this possible?
If it is not then I will have to buy more ip addresses and assign them to each container.
Previous Topic: CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y && CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y
Next Topic: Bandwidth limit VPS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 18:33:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02880 seconds