OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » HELP!! Can't setup veth in CT.
HELP!! Can't setup veth in CT. [message #43522] Sun, 18 September 2011 21:32 Go to next message
shule ney is currently offline  shule ney
Hi all:
I'm struggling to setup veth in CT, I just followed the "Simple configuration with virtual Ethernet device" part in http://wiki.openvz.org/Virtual_Ethernet_device
step buy step but it doesn't work for me Sad . I can't ping other machines except CT0, and when I type brctl show it gets nothing, is vmbr0 supposed to be the default bridge??
Another question is how this veth connect to the physical NIC? According to the manual online we needn't to specify which physical NIC to map, so how does OpenVZ know which NIC is mapped to the veth in CT?? Is there any manual in detail about how to setup veth in CT? Thanks very much to reply.I'll appreciate it.

Best Regards
Eugene

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2011 22:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HELP!! Can't setup veth in CT. [message #43550 is a reply to message #43522] Tue, 20 September 2011 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

That article is very messy, I am not sure what to do, maybe it's better to remove it at all.

Basically, you do not need routing, you need bridging.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
icon9.gif  Re: HELP!! Can't setup veth in CT. [message #45620 is a reply to message #43522] Thu, 22 March 2012 23:16 Go to previous message
whonch is currently offline  whonch
I have the same problem. Did you manage to make it work?

I tried to create a bridge network in one of my VE, without success. I followed that tutorial, plus this post: forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=36869&

but some parts are confusing and I am not sure that I'm doing things right. Plus, I don't know what to do with the existing venet interface. Should I delete it?

I hope I find a way soon, because I don't thing it has to be that difficult...
Previous Topic: Strange kernel errors
Next Topic: direct mount of lvm snapshot into VE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 14:28:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05204 seconds