OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Centralized Storage and OpenVZ and NFS: Messy .nfs files all over Containers (Searching for Alternative to NFS-Shares)
Centralized Storage and OpenVZ and NFS: Messy .nfs files all over Containers [message #43376] Thu, 01 September 2011 18:16 Go to next message
SnaekCaek is currently offline  SnaekCaek
Hi,

I just moved to a bigger infrastructure and mounted the entire /vz directory as NFS from a 4,5 TB Storage debian.

I can deploy Containers, start em, use em, etc all without problems...

Tho at one point it generates bozens of .nfs0* files all over the Container and basic operations like adding users etc just wont terminate nor do anything. even running apt-get update is a nightmare because the Container aparently cant delete those .nfs files so I've to run a while[true] loop on the Storage that deletes those messy .nfs files....

Is there a better way to have all Data on an external Server?
Re: Centralized Storage and OpenVZ and NFS: Messy .nfs files all over Containers [message #43503 is a reply to message #43376] Fri, 16 September 2011 23:41 Go to previous message
raver119 is currently offline  raver119

Well, NFS shouldn't be ever used as serious transport.
There's two popular protocols for SANs: iSCSI and AoE. Personally i prefer AoE, however there's serious differences between them.
Previous Topic: Container using veth, but venet0 scripts are being auto-created
Next Topic: Please help, Node won't reboot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 02 16:19:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05082 seconds