OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ venet HW Mac Address question (How to manually set this)
Re: OpenVZ venet HW Mac Address question [message #43462 is a reply to message #43459] Tue, 13 September 2011 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mylesw is currently offline  mylesw
Ah, thank you for this. That makes perfect sense.

I guess my issue is more to do with how our data center is handling this then. We have 3 servers that are running Proxmox on them, and my goal is to have about 10-20 OpenVZ containers running on the servers. Those servers have 3 NICs installed - one for public WAN, one for private LAN and one for iSCSI SAN.

The issue appears to be on the public WAN side. The NOC at the data center had to flush the ARP cache when we had this problem, but we haven't seen it re-occur since. It may be an issue with how they are expecting servers to behave in their network. I suspect that from the outside, our NIC with the public WAN address has a verifiable HW MAC Address that they can see, but something confused the guest containers that messed up their cache.

I suspect that your point about using veth won't work for us because we have 10-20 OpenVZ containers that would be sharing the same NIC. Or am I wrong on that?

Myles

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: NFS on Ubuntu 11.04
Next Topic: noatime flag for /vz and noatime option for VE/CT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 18:26:51 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03601 seconds