OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » CentOS 5 - Clean Install: Unable to install OpenVZ
icon11.gif  CentOS 5 - Clean Install: Unable to install OpenVZ [message #43382] Fri, 02 September 2011 17:10 Go to next message
footylad is currently offline  footylad
Hey Guys,

Recently got a new DEDI on a AMD Quad Core + 8GB ram, Running CentOS 5.2 32 Bit. I yum update first then add the yum repo. I tried yum install ovzkernel, that's not found but instead use yum install vzkernel. It all installs well +(I changed all the other files) + updates the grub.config file ok. I notice during the install there is a conflict with lilo (grubby: unable to open /boot/boot.b: No such file or directory) so removed the lilo.config file to get rid of this in /etc/. Kernel all installed + Change in grep.config default=0 so that it boots into the openVZ Kernel. The server either then fails to boot again or the grub.config file reverts the default back to =1 so it boots into the CentOS Default Kernel and not the openVZ Kernel.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks
Re: CentOS 5 - Clean Install: Unable to install OpenVZ [message #43398 is a reply to message #43382] Sun, 04 September 2011 23:17 Go to previous message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
How did you end up with lilo under CentOS 5.x???

So, you switched from lilo to grub? Was this successful?

Your problem seems to be connected with this change and not with openvz itself. That being said, you'll probably get more answers on a general linux or centos forum.
Previous Topic: kernel-debuginfo
Next Topic: Whether the vswap use disk
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 17 10:19:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06084 seconds