OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Mount loop file in a openvz container bind (try to mount a directory with the bind command, in that folder there is two loop files mounted but the container didn't see the two loop)
Mount loop file in a openvz container bind [message #42805] Mon, 30 May 2011 14:31
dr.dran is currently offline  dr.dran
Hi at all!

I'me followed the bind mount guide with openvz, so I've mounted the /var/www on two container to share the content (web site: php files and so on)

I'll try to mount in the host two files of 3 Gbyte with a loop device and format them with ext3 fs, and mount the loops in a folder /var/www/site1 and /var/www/site2 on the host i'll see al the file mounted and i'll enter in the folder.

the mount output on the host:
/var/lib/vz/www-images/site1.ext3 on /var/lib/vz/www/site1 type ext3 (rw,loop=/dev/loop1)
/var/lib/vz/www-images/site2.ext3 on /var/lib/vz/www/site2 type ext3 (rw,loop=/dev/loop2)

(the /var/lib/vz/www is mounted on the two container in /var/www)

but when I enter in the container I didn't see the mount, so i see the bind but not the loop mounted in the folder site1 and site2... so is possible to make accessible the loops mounte in that folder to the containers?

how can i do that?

Best Regards

Franco

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: unknown parameter CONFIG_CUSTOMIZED
Next Topic: vmprivpage and vm.overcommit_ratio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 13:00:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02855 seconds