OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » guest network with host on Amazon EC2
guest network with host on Amazon EC2 [message #42341] Mon, 04 April 2011 07:43 Go to next message
rons is currently offline  rons
Hello,
I am trying to configure network access for openvz guest nodes where the host is an instance in the Amazon EC2 cloud. The guest is running, I can access it using 'vzctl enter <ID>', and I have set it's nameserver. But I cannot set the guest's ipaddress, because in EC2 I cannot add additional ips. As a consequence, everything like a simple 'ping google.com' fails on the guest.

I am looking for a solution to forward connections like host:2080 or host:2022 into the guest:80 or guest:22, eventually. But as a first step I'd like to be able to access anything outside the guest.

I thought that veth instead of venet can be the right choice. I tried to follow wiki.openvz.org/Using_veth_and_brctl_for_protecting_HN_and_s aving_IP_addresses , but it is also assuming two network interfaces whereas I only have one on the host. I simply ignored eth1 in this description, but at some point lost connection to the host.

Is it possible to get outgoing connections from the guest if the host has only one physical network interface and if I have no permission to configure this physical interface?

Thank you
Ron
icon7.gif  Re: guest network with host on Amazon EC2 [message #42443 is a reply to message #42341] Mon, 18 April 2011 16:44 Go to previous message
huangsen365 is currently offline  huangsen365
Marked.

[Updated on: Sun, 18 October 2020 07:21]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: openvz + cpanel = high load
Next Topic: kernel panic with new compiled kernel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 08:51:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06399 seconds