OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Another Attempt running Fedora 14 containers (After upgrading with yum)
Another Attempt running Fedora 14 containers [message #42214] Sat, 19 March 2011 04:32 Go to next message
mperkel is currently offline  mperkel
Truing again to get Fedora 14 containers working. Here's what I did.

Started with a working Fedora 12 container. Run yum to upgrade to Fedora 14. Everything appeared to be going well. Stopped the container and restarted it and it doesn't work.

Only one process is running - init

I suspect that due to changes in the upstart process that init us hanging. I also suspect that the problem is related to files in /exec/init

I'm running the latest kernels and vzctl.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Another Attempt running Fedora 14 containers [message #42216 is a reply to message #42214] Sat, 19 March 2011 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mperkel is currently offline  mperkel
I figured it out.

Needed to go to the /etc/init directory.

I edited the file rc.conf and rcS.conf and commented out the lines "console output"

Re: Another Attempt running Fedora 14 containers [message #42413 is a reply to message #42216] Wed, 13 April 2011 18:32 Go to previous message
mustardman is currently offline  mustardman
mperkel wrote on Sat, 19 March 2011 00:50
I figured it out.

Needed to go to the /etc/init directory.

I edited the file rc.conf and rcS.conf and commented out the lines "console output"

You will probably also want to rename or delete tty.conf and start-ttys.conf in the same directory if it's anything like RHEL 6. Otherwise you CPU usage will get VERY high after a few hours.
Previous Topic: Assigning virtual server networking to specific ethX:Y on actual server
Next Topic: LVM for VZ partitions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 13:25:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02360 seconds