OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » LVM for VZ partitions
LVM for VZ partitions [message #42166] Mon, 14 March 2011 08:46 Go to next message
Brain89 is currently offline  Brain89

Hello,

I want to use LVM partitions for all VEs (for backuping and disk quotes). But I can't understand for what folders I should it create... For "/vz/root/$VEID" or for "/vz/private/$VEID"? And what must their size be if disk quota, for example, is 10G?
Re: LVM for VZ partitions [message #42179 is a reply to message #42166] Tue, 15 March 2011 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nuno is currently offline  nuno
You can mounjt the filesystems wherever you want if you point VE_PRIVATE to the correct location

You can also choose the size. The size inside the container will be the smallest one (between LV size and the size defined in the container's .conf)

Regards,
Re: LVM for VZ partitions [message #42414 is a reply to message #42166] Wed, 13 April 2011 18:39 Go to previous message
mustardman is currently offline  mustardman
The entire /vz directory should be on it's own partition which preferrably should be an LVM partition. This partition should make up the majority of your available hard drive space.

The detailed OpenVZ document originally put out by swsoft has these recommendations for installation/partioning. You can also look on the Parallels site and download their newer install documents.

It's all very well documented IMHO.

On my Raid 1 500Gig hard drives I do the following.

100MB (ext3) /boot (cannot be LVM partition)

8GB (LVM) /
2xRAM size (LVM) swap
Remainder of hard drive space (LVM) /vz

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2011 20:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Another Attempt running Fedora 14 containers
Next Topic: REDIRECT does not work to server running inside a container
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 15:36:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02344 seconds