OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Openvz to support "Disk I/O limits" A new feature in Parallels 4.6?
Openvz to support "Disk I/O limits" A new feature in Parallels 4.6? [message #41489] Mon, 31 January 2011 13:35 Go to next message
thequestion is currently offline  thequestion
AS you can read here:
www.parallels.com/eu/products/pvcl/whatsnew/
Quote:

Disk I/O limits

Set limits on the bandwidth a container is allowed to use for its disk input and output (I/O) operations. Limiting the disk I/O bandwidth can help to ensure I/O operations of a single container don't impact the performance of others. Enables service providers to proactively protect against denial of service attacks as well as abuse of resources by out-of-policy subscribers. Opens the possibility of VPS or Cloud server offerings bounded by disk I/O limits.

This would be extremely useful for openvz users. Does anyone know if this is a "praallels only" feature to come?
Re: Openvz to support "Disk I/O limits" A new feature in Parallels 4.6? [message #41519 is a reply to message #41489] Thu, 03 February 2011 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
curx

Hi,

please add a severity (bug) report at http://bugilla.openvz.org/

Bye,
Thorsten
Re: Openvz to support "Disk I/O limits" A new feature in Parallels 4.6? [message #41520 is a reply to message #41489] Fri, 04 February 2011 06:20 Go to previous message
dzimi is currently offline  dzimi
You can get the same disk I/O limits with LVM2 and dm-ioband patch for each container (if we are talking about 2.6.18 RHEL ovz kernel).
Previous Topic: Oracle 10g wants swap
Next Topic: network speed issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 15:24:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05443 seconds