OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Why is SELinux incompatible with OpenVZ? (Specifically what makes OpenVZ incompatible with SELinux?)
Why is SELinux incompatible with OpenVZ? [message #41363] Sun, 09 January 2011 20:27 Go to previous message
cwebster is currently offline  cwebster
I've got a CentOS 5 development server where several developers need to periodically run instances of a real-time application. Each instance expects to be the only one running on the machine. Multiple instances will collide.

Since this is a low-end server and target archtecture is identical to development host, OpenVZ would seem to be the most resource-efficient virtualization tool.

The problem is that this development server is required by security policy to run SELinux. I don't need to run SELinux within the containers, only on the develoment server host.

I've done a lot of googling and searching various forums but I can find no specific reasons why OpenVZ is incompatible with SELinux.

Please explain the impact of setting up SELinux in an OpenVZ kernel. Why can't I re-build an OpenVZ kernel with support for SELinux and enable it to use our required policies?

Thanks in advance for any information, suggestions, useful links, etc.

Cal Webster

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Container on encfs (fuse) dosn't work
Next Topic: VE suddenly doesn't start anymore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 10 09:23:09 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02636 seconds