OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Dropped Packet, Source Wrong... (these errors SUCK)
icon8.gif  Dropped Packet, Source Wrong... [message #41048] Sat, 06 November 2010 03:49 Go to next message
virtuallynathan is currently offline  virtuallynathan
Hello,

I setup my awesome SolusVM + OpenVZ server today, got everything working, and as soon as i put users on it, i got this error popping up all over the SSH session:
Dropped Packet, Source wrong veid=vps# src-IP:vpsip dst-IP:slaveip
(the slaveip is the slave those vps's are running on)

This error is very annoying, and i have found very few forum posts about it. I am running the latest stable kernel (028stab070.7 - i also tried 67.4 and 77.1)

I have a dual port Broadcom NIC in and HP server (dont know the exact kind, only eth0 is used). I have 9 users, 9 VPS's, 9 IP's (10 total, 9 on one range, and gateway, and one on another) and 16GB Ram.

I imagine some kind of buffer needs to be increased or tweaked. Anyone have any ideas as to what might fix this?

EDIT: if only one VPS is booted, it works fine, if i boot a 2nd, these errors start to occur. There is no IP overlap or conflict that i am aware of.

OMG: I fixed it. It was a stupid error in a custom template.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 November 2010 17:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Dropped Packet, Source Wrong... [message #41057 is a reply to message #41048] Mon, 08 November 2010 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StreetWalker is currently offline  StreetWalker
virtuallynathan wrote on Fri, 05 November 2010 23:49
Hello,

I setup my awesome SolusVM + OpenVZ server today, got everything working, and as soon as i put users on it, i got this error popping up all over the SSH session:
Dropped Packet, Source wrong veid=vps# src-IP:vpsip dst-IP:slaveip
(the slaveip is the slave those vps's are running on)

This error is very annoying, and i have found very few forum posts about it. I am running the latest stable kernel (028stab070.7 - i also tried 67.4 and 77.1)

I have a dual port Broadcom NIC in and HP server (dont know the exact kind, only eth0 is used). I have 9 users, 9 VPS's, 9 IP's (10 total, 9 on one range, and gateway, and one on another) and 16GB Ram.

I imagine some kind of buffer needs to be increased or tweaked. Anyone have any ideas as to what might fix this?

EDIT: if only one VPS is booted, it works fine, if i boot a 2nd, these errors start to occur. There is no IP overlap or conflict that i am aware of.

OMG: I fixed it. It was a stupid error in a custom template.

Congratulation... could you share there what template do you use, and how you fix it?
Re: Dropped Packet, Source Wrong... [message #41058 is a reply to message #41057] Mon, 08 November 2010 12:06 Go to previous message
virtuallynathan is currently offline  virtuallynathan
Sure, i am a N00b at this, and created a custom template from within solusvm, this cause an IP conflict, because i forgot to change the IP settings in the template. (ubuntu 10.04)
Previous Topic: How to determine who loads discs?
Next Topic: TCP Sockets Resource assignment issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 03 00:02:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05231 seconds