OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Different subnets confusion (I'm confused about having VE's in different subnets)
Different subnets confusion [message #40919] Mon, 25 October 2010 10:01 Go to previous message
rvanlooijen is currently offline  rvanlooijen
Hi all,

I have 3 subnets in the same VLAN, and want to use them for both the hosts and the ve's in all combinations. There seems to be a problem when a VE in a different subnet then the host tries to tcp connect to another IP in the host subnet, the strange part is that pings and UDP (DNS) work fine.

Let's say I have subnet A, B and C. The host is in C, VE in B. The VE cannot TCP connect to other hosts in C.

Other traffic, such as from the VE to A or to some other site works fine. Also, inbound traffic (from C to the VE in B works fine).

The following has been added to sysctl on the host:
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter=1
net.ipv4.icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts=1
net.ipv4.conf.default.forwarding=1
net.ipv4.conf.default.proxy_arp=0
net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
kernel.sysrq=1
net.ipv4.conf.default.send_redirects=1
net.ipv4.conf.all.send_redirects=0
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.proxy_arp=1

And the NEIGHBOUR_DEVS=all setting is also present.
No iptables rules are in place.

I have tried to use source routing as described at the wiki, but I didn't get it to work, only to break entirely (not surprisingly since I don't really understand the problem).

Can someone explain to me what's happening so I can resolve my issues? If you need more details on the platform or configuration, please tell me what you need to know. Any help is really appreciated.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: impossible values in /etc/crontab due to randomization
Next Topic: Serious IO problems in 70.7 kernel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 12 02:56:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07084 seconds