OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Centralized NFS/iSCSI Storage?
Centralized NFS/iSCSI Storage? [message #40319] Tue, 10 August 2010 20:04 Go to next message
HVNetwork is currently offline  HVNetwork
Hello,

We have about 10 nodes running and we are looking to having a centralized storage to host each VM/VPS using a NFS/iSCSI server.

Is this possible? I could not find much info. Many have suggested to mount /vz to the NFS/iSCSI server but will this allow all of the nodes to read/write?

Thanks!
Re: Centralized NFS/iSCSI Storage? [message #40320 is a reply to message #40319] Tue, 10 August 2010 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sipvoip is currently offline  sipvoip
We use some NetApp 940s we bought off ebay, they work quite well with the few hundred containers we have today.
Re: Centralized NFS/iSCSI Storage? [message #40321 is a reply to message #40320] Wed, 11 August 2010 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HVNetwork is currently offline  HVNetwork
May I ask how did you mount it?
Using iSCSI, Fiber Channel, etc?

What did you mount, only the /vz folder?

Thanks.
Re: Centralized NFS/iSCSI Storage? [message #40322 is a reply to message #40319] Wed, 11 August 2010 06:37 Go to previous message
neuroticimbecile is currently offline  neuroticimbecile
Hi

I am currently migrating some hardware nodes to a similar setup. I'm using a Solkenix SolNAS EX as the iSCSI target. The / filesystem resides on a small DAS on the hardware node, while the /vz filesystem resides on the SolNAS which is connected to the hardware node by iSCSI.

To make the hardware node expendable (i.e. if a hardware node dies, we simply replace it with a new hardware node, assign the proper IP address, and configure iSCSI connection parameters; and it's up and running again in a mater of minutes), I moved some directories from / (on the DAS) to /vz (on the SolNAS) and replaced the originals with symlinks to the ones in their new location:

/etc/vz -> /vz/etc/vz
/etc/sysconfig/vz-scripts -> /vz/etc/sysconfig/vz-scripts

...so far it's working well.

HTH
Previous Topic: virtual Lenny OpenVZ LDAP-Server and -Clients loginproblems
Next Topic: vzdump tarballs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 05 15:11:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04679 seconds