OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » LiveCD boots to blank screen (LiveCD (both CentOS and Knoppix) boots to blank screen)
LiveCD boots to blank screen [message #39707] Tue, 25 May 2010 19:10 Go to next message
gmcfad is currently offline  gmcfad
Trying to boot LiveCD - both CentOS and Knoppix. Tried both on several PCs. Averatec laptop, Dell laptop, Dell Optiplex 360 desktop. Both CDs give me the boot menu but once they try to boot I get a blank screen...
With CentOS tired several different boot options: nox, simplex, ATI....no luck. What am I missing?
Re: LiveCD boots to blank screen [message #40140 is a reply to message #39707] Thu, 22 July 2010 08:43 Go to previous message
cojad is currently offline  cojad
try "linux" on booting up in CentOS live CD.

I found that fix the blank problem but you end up unable to use open VZ.

The default boot option is working even though screen goes blank.

Cent OS will ask 2 question before you enter GNOME Desktop.

http://dajoc.pokic.com/1.png
Please choose keyboard layout(type 1-6).
http://dajoc.pokic.com/2.png
Password for "root" and "centos_user".

You can use default option which screen is blank at the moment and input the answer for those 2 question with a blank screen. After you done those 2 question, you should be in desktop GUI after a few minutes.(usually less than 5mins)

You can try with linux option see how much time your pc need to be at the screen that ask you those 2 question. Than answer them blindly. In my case I input "1",<ENTER>,"password",<ENTER>. And after 1 mins, I was on the GUI Desktop Cool

Or try knoppix live CD. use default option and wait for a few mins so that will bring up the GUI desktop. You'll just need some patient(give it a try to wait 10 mins if you have a slow pc)

I'm sorry I don't know how to fix the blank problem. All I know we can still boot into GUI desktop without problem. I encounter same problem as you when running live CD on VirtualBox. It took me about an hour to figure out how to get into GUI desktop. Now I have no problem since GUI desktop is running. Hope my idea can help.
Previous Topic: Giving VPS direct access to the Graphics and Sound hardware
Next Topic: OpenVZ vs. Other Virtualization?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 09:10:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02826 seconds