OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » How come, that my VDS system uses that much rams?
How come, that my VDS system uses that much rams? [message #40083] Thu, 15 July 2010 15:32 Go to previous message
newn is currently offline  newn
Hi everyone. I have bought a VDS system with 1 gig of rams. I think it uses OpenVZ instead of CentOS 5.

2.6.18-194.3.1.iv.028stab069.6 x86_64 x86_64
centos-release-5-5.el5.centos

I'm not very advanced in linux, but every time i enter my website of WP, it takes a lot of rams. When i surf, i eats even more. Today i went to it to check the ram usage again, and first time i entered, it took 70MBs from 100. Then i went to do something, i get back, i check the free rams availbale, it says it's 60. So +30MB while i was away from the website for a few minutes, then i enter it again. It eats 30 more megabytes. After that i hit admin board link on the site, it eats 20 more. That way, my server has <10 megabytes left.

My server hosts two programs, which eats a lot of rams, but it's not increasing, it eats it stabile. You start it, it takes some amount, it stays that way. It doesn't changes. Maybe +-10mb.

So anyway, how come, that simple website hits takes that much memory? After that, website sometimes doesn't load at all. I mean just a blank page or some contents of the website is blank, of half of the website is loaded only... Plus sometimes people (since those two other perograms are servers) cannot join to these servers.

So anyway, how can i fix this? Expluding adding more rams. I'm a student from a poor country and i get 100$ a year during my birthday. To add 512 megabytes, i would need to pay ~5$ a month more. Si 12*5... Well, doesn't add up too nicely.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Problems with new IP range
Next Topic: X-Server inside Container?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 01:22:38 GMT 2024