OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » About Building Openvz from Source
About Building Openvz from Source [message #39819] Sun, 06 June 2010 16:47 Go to next message
eywj is currently offline  eywj
Hi:

I want to build the openvz all from the source. I take the following way: First build the kernel from the patched 2.6.18 kernel code, and then I restart the system and try to install the vzquota-3.0.12 and vzctl-3.0.23 RPMs, however, the installation complains it needs vzquotamod and vzkernel. But according to the Installation documents, it seems vzquota and vzctl are the only tools needed to be installed. I wonder what the vzquotamod and vzkernel are, and how to proceed.
Thank you.

Bill
Re: About Building Openvz from Source [message #39820 is a reply to message #39819] Sun, 06 June 2010 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

These two are provided by openvz kernel rpm. Looks like you're installing the kernel from source, but vzctl and vzquota are from rpms. Therefore the errors.

You can either install vzctl and vzquota from source, or install ovzkernel from rpm, or use --nodeps flag to rpm to ignore dependency errors.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: About Building Openvz from Source [message #39822 is a reply to message #39820] Mon, 07 June 2010 02:31 Go to previous message
eywj is currently offline  eywj
Thanks, Kir. But I think no matter in which way we install the kernel -- either installing directly from the rpm or compiling from the kernel source, vzkernel and vzquotamod as two essential components, should be generated and installed. But now, after compiling the kernel from the source, when attempting to install the vzquota and vzctl via rpms, it seems vzkernel and vzquotamod are still missing. So I wonder whether vzkernel and vzquotamod are really not generated and installed currently in the system. Thanks.
Previous Topic: unregister_netdevice: waiting for venet0=ffff8101e595d800 to become free. Usage count = 8 ve=5011
Next Topic: NFS vz container : "sunrpc.ve_allow_rpc" is an unknown key
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 18:56:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02313 seconds