OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » IP loss problem from openvz vps (my vps loses the ip from time to time about every 4 hours)
icon9.gif  IP loss problem from openvz vps [message #39005] Wed, 03 March 2010 06:24
LAZer is currently offline  LAZer
Hi , i have got a new server . data center installed centos 5 and hyper vm on it for me . then it has a server with local host active with the main ip of server/hypervm , in it i have defind vps and dns roles.

after that i have defined ip pools.
i have created a new customer , and in that customer i created a new vps with open vz . i have set another 1 ip from that ip pool to this new vps . every thing is just fine except that this vps loses the ip about every 4 hours !
even before doing anything or installing cpanel on it , it happened once.

every time it looses the ip everything goes down .the ping of the vps ip will bring no result . and the ping of internet from inside that vps also wont show anything .
i mean i can access root server ssh from main ip . then i can login to that vps with , vzctl enter 110 , and then i can ping google.com , but it will result nothing.
at the same time ping of the main ip is up . and pinging google.com from root of server is working .
in the vps i have installed cpanel , and restores about 30 sites in it. when the vps loses the ip , internal pinging of those domains from inside vps is working , only the ping of the internet will be lost.

i have found a solution for it so that every time it goes down i do to bring up the vps as fast as possible.
1-i go into client -->the user.vm -->virtual machines -->
ip addresses --> i delete the ip
2- i go too the main admin page --> servers --> local host --> ip addresses --> and i add that lost ip to the local host. --> and then it pings comes up --> and then i delete it from here.
3- again i go into client -->the user.vm -->virtual machines -->
ip addresses --> add ip directly , and vps ping will return .

i have no firewalled installed on the vps or main server, nothing is modified from the default settings except the options that is for ip pool or customer setups...

also i am new here , i have read that u may need some network details but i dont know what commands should i do for this problem , and were to do them ( from main root of server of from root of vps ). tell me i`ll do what ever you may suggest.

also i get 2 errors every time i enter vps from the main root.
( vzctl enter 110 )
return the error that
tty is not owned by tty.
i do "
cd /dev
chown :tty tty
ls -l " and the owner of tty becomes tty like others for example like tty1 or tty2 . but after a while it changes too root again Sad
also from that vps when i type "service network restart"
it return an error : "Bringing up interface venet0: SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable"

but anyway , having these 2 errors , when i delete the ip and set it again for the vps as i mentioned before , every thing works just fine ... so i dont think that the problem being from these errors . there is something wrong with the hypervm or that vps.

any solutions ?
thanks in advanced.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 March 2010 06:28]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon9.gif
Previous Topic: nregister_netdevice: device marked to leak
Next Topic: VPS http://ip:port to use servers files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 15:20:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02714 seconds