OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Single process freezes whole node.
Single process freezes whole node. [message #38945] Tue, 23 February 2010 08:54 Go to next message
TomekP is currently offline  TomekP
Hello everyone,

So far I've been able to handle all OpenVZ problems by myself but this time I got stuck and can't find answer via google (maybe I am looking wrong).

Single process does not show high usage in ps aux, but in top it shows 99% cpu usage and whole node get frozen, pings stop to get back (to the main node and VPSes).
When I will try multiple times I finally get connected via SSH and can kill the process and everything goes back to normal.
I have wrote a script that will detect such processes and kill them, but that does not solve problem 100%.

Seems that CPU limitations are not working somehow. Any idea where to look for root cause of the problem?
Re: Single process freezes whole node. [message #38949 is a reply to message #38945] Wed, 24 February 2010 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nuno is currently offline  nuno
Are you running openvz inside a VM (vmware, virtualbox, kvm, etc..)?

Re: Single process freezes whole node. [message #38956 is a reply to message #38949] Wed, 24 February 2010 09:45 Go to previous message
TomekP is currently offline  TomekP
Hello,

No it is running on CentOS with HyperVM. Nothing else there.
Previous Topic: VDS with Debian 5 performs much worse than with Debian 3.
Next Topic: online migration failed > unsupported netdevice gre0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 08:45:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02724 seconds