OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » unable to successfully debootstrap Ubuntu 9.10 (boot scripts aren't working)
unable to successfully debootstrap Ubuntu 9.10 [message #38727] Thu, 21 January 2010 13:35 Go to next message
TheStig is currently offline  TheStig
Just tried to debootstrap a Ubuntu 9.10 karmic on Debian 5.0 Lenny.

I used the debootstrap script from my 9.10 workstation and there were no errors during destrapping. Still couldn't enter a VPS and even couldn't run most commands via "vzctl exec".

Soon I realized that there isn't a single correct symlink to the init-scrips in /etc/rc* after debootstraping karmic. So I tried it again with Hardy and voilĂ , not a single error! I guess that is an error by canonical Ltd. and has nothing to do with openvz, but if you try to use Karmic beware that you will have to create all the symlinks yourself (I don't have the time for that...)

greetings,

Joe

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2010 13:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: unable to successfully debootstrap Ubuntu 9.10 [message #38728 is a reply to message #38727] Thu, 21 January 2010 13:50 Go to previous message
TheStig is currently offline  TheStig
debootstraping karmic on my Ubuntu 9.10 desktop worked. so i guess older distributions (wasn't there some dash/bash problem?!) or versions of debootstrap don't parse the karmic script properly...

Previous Topic: OpenVZ on UltraSparc IIIi
Next Topic: all pop3 connection come from host ip
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 10:01:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02364 seconds