OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* 2.6.8 lifetime
Re: 2.6.8 lifetime [message #3831 is a reply to message #3788] Tue, 20 June 2006 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
John Kelly is currently offline  John Kelly
I used 2.6.16 openvz test kernel for several weeks with no problem. But I wanted to use openvz on a production box, so I decided to use the 2.6.8 kernel for stability.

In just a few days, the 2.6.8 openvz kernel locked my keyboard after booting, and I could not log in. So in my case, the 2.6.16 openvz test kernel proved more stable than 2.6.8.

After looking into this, I see Debian 2.6.8 patches include Alan Cox's tty locking cleanups, which conflict with 2.6.8 openvz patch. Seems you attempted some tty locking fixups too, in 2.6.8 openvz patch. Maybe that's why I had the keyboard lockup with 2.6.8.

All things considered, I will wait and see how the 2.6.16 or 2.6.17 kernels shape up, before I try again to merge the openvz patch with debian patches.

Thanks for the offer to study this, but I believe now is not the best time. Investing the time in newer kernels seems better.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Plesk 8 - Fedora Core 4 - Hostname Issue
Next Topic: Transaction check error?
Goto Forum: