OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Elastix on OpenVZ, I cant to do the bridge
Re: Elastix on OpenVZ, I cant to do the bridge [message #38219 is a reply to message #37869] Mon, 30 November 2009 04:20 Go to previous message
mustardman is currently offline  mustardman
I have Elastix 1.6 running on an OpenVZ container. You should not have to do anything with networking as anything Elastix does with networking is overridden automatically. Not sure how OpenVZ or the container template do this but that's what happens. There are a few OpenVZ specific packages loaded in container templates and perhaps they are involved.

You can potentially mess up networking temporarily by trying to change networking settings inside the container via Elastix or command line but all you have to do is reboot and the networking changes will be undone by OpenVZ.

In my experience the 2 likely problems that occur with ALL Asterisk distributions are udev and/or iptables.

If you have access to the container command line via a console or through the Host try "iptables -F" which will clear any iptables entries in memory that may be blocking you. These settings will be reloaded next time you reboot but at least it gives you SSH access so you can modify the iptables config file.

You also need to do these 2 things on the Elastix container to fix udev.

nano +346 /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
#/sbin/udev
/sbin/MAKEDEV tty
/sbin/MAKEDEV pty

nano +5 /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk
#TTY=9

Here is a detailed procedure installing Asterisk/FreePBX from source where this info comes from.

http://www.powerpbx.org/Asterisk-FreePBX-on-an-OpenVZ-Virtuo zzo-Virtual-Private-Server-v1

This is assuming you have the container set up properly on the node in the first place. If you are in fact having networking problems I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with Elastix or the container and more to do with how how it is set up on the node.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 December 2009 02:02]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: CPULIMIT problem