OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Clustered OpenVZ (migrating)
Clustered OpenVZ [message #38188] Thu, 26 November 2009 22:10 Go to next message
yourweb is currently offline  yourweb
Hi
I was wondering about a clustered OpenVZ setup on a SAN how I can transfer the VPS on an other node where the data already exists? Is it possible to transfer the RAM without migrating the data on the hard disks?

Just to explain: I know that the SAN has to be mounted as /vz and that /etc/vz files have to be ln to /vz/etc/vz on the SAN, but what if I want to migrate VPS 1 from node 1 to node 2 without (re)booting?
Re: Clustered OpenVZ [message #38207 is a reply to message #38188] Fri, 27 November 2009 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paparaciz
you should check vzmigrate script and delete unnecessary parts where it rsync's files. or build your own script reading http://wiki.openvz.org/Checkpointing_and_live_migration
you need only checkpointing and vzctl restore parts. afaik your script will have to rsync checkpoint file to the target and then do vzctl restore.
and from practice i should mention that live migration not always works smoothly.
Re: Clustered OpenVZ [message #38208 is a reply to message #38207] Fri, 27 November 2009 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paparaciz wrote on Fri, 27 November 2009 17:03
you should check vzmigrate script and delete unnecessary parts where it rsync's files. or build your own script reading http://wiki.openvz.org/Checkpointing_and_live_migration
you need only checkpointing and vzctl restore parts. afaik your script will have to rsync checkpoint file to the target and then do vzctl restore.
and from practice i should mention that live migration not always works smoothly.

I'm sorry, did already found the checkpoint option and posted this in an other topic.

Anyway, how can I disable vzmigrate to copy the files and only transfer the RAM?
Re: Clustered OpenVZ [message #38209 is a reply to message #38208] Fri, 27 November 2009 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paparaciz
yourweb wrote on Fri, 27 November 2009 17:05

Anyway, how can I disable vzmigrate to copy the files and only transfer the RAM?

vzmigrate is simple bash script Wink
enter your favourite editor with /usr/sbin/vzmigrate
Re: Clustered OpenVZ [message #38210 is a reply to message #38209] Fri, 27 November 2009 22:09 Go to previous message
Paparaciz wrote on Fri, 27 November 2009 17:07
yourweb wrote on Fri, 27 November 2009 17:05

vzmigrate is simple bash script Wink
enter your favourite editor with /usr/sbin/vzmigrate

Didn't check that, I will probably use some code from this. Thank you for your help!
Previous Topic: sys time is longer than real time
Next Topic: Problems getting openvz kernel to recognize elrepo driver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 24 08:17:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02519 seconds