OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » LVS with veth and arp_ignore/arp_announce
LVS with veth and arp_ignore/arp_announce [message #38094] Sat, 14 November 2009 19:06
cosmo is currently offline  cosmo
I try to setup multiple CTs on two physical hosts, each load-balanced with LVS-DR.

I'm experienced with the setup of the RIPs and know about the ARP problem. I give the RIP to the lo device and stop it from responding ARP requests... this works without any problems.

VIP on the Load-Balancer (LVS): XXX.XXX.XXX.20
RIP of the first Real-Server: XXX.XXX.XXX.21

This is what I do on the Real-Server:

ip a a XXX.XXX.XXX.21/32 dev lo

echo > 1 /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/arp_ignore
echo > 2 /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/arp_announce
echo > 1 /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/arp_ignore
echo > 2 /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/arp_announce

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.arp_p roblem.html#2_6_arp_announce

Now I tried to migrate these steps for the use with CTs. I configured a veth-device (because for LVS-DR I need a MAC address) and now I have a running veth100.0 under CT0 (eth0 in the CT) which is directly reachable over XXX.XXX.XXX.21. OK!

Now the question:

1) Where do I have to define the VIP XXX.XXX.XXX.20? I tried it on the lo-device inside the CT, with the effect, that the IP is not reachable from outside. Defined on the eth0 device it worked so far, but it answers ARP-requests, which leads to the second question:

2) Where do I have to set arp_ignore/arp_annouce? On the CT0 for the veth100.0 device or in the CT for the eth0 device? In the last case the device still answers on ARP-request... Confused Is it actually possible to use arp_ignore/arp_annouce for veth?

Cheers
Holger

Read Message
Previous Topic: poor performance in openvz kernels...
Next Topic: Help with porting openvz to Android
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 11:27:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02524 seconds