OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Softlimit / nolimit for memory (Not everybody needs to be restrictive.)
Softlimit / nolimit for memory [message #37929] Tue, 03 November 2009 01:42 Go to next message
PhYrE is currently offline  PhYrE
I'm running into a bit of an issue. I have a system that will (for the time being) only be running one OpenVZ container. It may get 2-3 in the future, but not just yet.

I have no idea where the limits will be at this point, but know I don't want a database system hitting them and everything crashing down as a result.

Is there any way to either:
a. determine the maximum for the OpenVZ base system and apply that to the container (overcommit everything to all of the containers)

b. make all of the limits soft limits that will raise warnings or even go unnoticed instead of providing failure to the container's applications

c. not have limits on a container.

There are so many scenarios where I'd want to either (a) see where the limits are so I can set them properly to be unintrusive, or (b) not have any limits at all.

Is this possible? I'm mainly concerned about memory.

-M
Re: Softlimit / nolimit for memory [message #37943 is a reply to message #37929] Thu, 05 November 2009 07:31 Go to previous message
screenie is currently offline  screenie
hello,

i think this is what you need:

http://wiki.openvz.org/UBC

it explains how the ressource limits are working....

Previous Topic: [3662]ERR: 24
Next Topic: pipe NULL pointer dereference - and OpenVZ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 19:37:25 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02564 seconds