OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Adding new block of IPs... (New block of IPs, different gateway... for current containers.)
Adding new block of IPs... [message #37867] Wed, 28 October 2009 22:20 Go to previous message
subigo is currently offline  subigo
I'm racking my brain trying to get this to work... My admin is gone for the next 11 days, so I'm stuck doing this myself or paying someone to do a simple task. Here's the deal.

I have a host node with 8 working containers. I've used up my current allotment of IPs for this server, so I ordered more from my datacenter.

Of course these are a different block with a different gateway, but that never mattered in the past. Here's what I normally do...

Just copy "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0" to a new "ifcfg-eth0:0" file and change the details to match that of the new IP block. Then I restart the network. (All containers use venet0)

Now it's been a while since I did this myself, so maybe I'm missing something? But in the past this has always worked... After doing the above steps I just add the new IP to a container and there are no issues.

This time it doesn't seem to work. And yes, IP forwarding is enabled. And yes, the IPs are routed to the server correctly.

I'm just looking for a quick tip here... am I totally missing something?

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Apache guest logs VZ host IP instead of remote IP [INVALID]
Next Topic: Fedora 11 as host
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 13:21:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02329 seconds