OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Best method of backing up manually? firewall/security question as well.
Best method of backing up manually? firewall/security question as well. [message #37466] Mon, 14 September 2009 18:05 Go to next message
vivithemage is currently offline  vivithemage
One small question, what firewall should I use on a node? I usually use CSF :
http://www.configserver.com/cp/csf.html
on all of my servers, but I am not sure it is wise to use this on a VPS node?

Also, what is the best way to backup a server? Should I just RSYNC the root of the node? I'd like to save the configuration of the node itself as well. To reduce on re-setup time incase of a mechanical HDD/RAID failure.

In the event of a failed HDD/RAID, would I just RSYNC the files back up to the server, and boot the server?

Thank you for your wisdom OpenVZ Smile.
Re: Best method of backing up manually? firewall/security question as well. [message #37485 is a reply to message #37466] Wed, 16 September 2009 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any insight appreciated!
Re: Best method of backing up manually? firewall/security question as well. [message #37516 is a reply to message #37466] Mon, 21 September 2009 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just need something to backup once a week in case of catostrophic HDD failures or something. I have a remote server i'd like to download to via FTP, or RSYNC if I need to set that up.

I'd just like your guys' advice!
double post. [message #37517 is a reply to message #37485] Mon, 21 September 2009 20:34 Go to previous message
double post.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 September 2009 20:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Quota getstat syscall for id 110: Inappropriate ioctl for device: vzquota init failed [3]
Next Topic: Kernel Development
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 03 18:20:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05137 seconds