OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » DAHDI/Zaptel for Asterisk in OpenVZ (/proc issue)
DAHDI/Zaptel for Asterisk in OpenVZ (/proc issue) [message #37308] Wed, 02 September 2009 12:48 Go to next message
smw420 is currently offline  smw420
Debian Lenny 2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64 with DAHDI 2.2.0. VE is debian-5.0-amd64-minimal with Asterisk 1.4.26.1.

Installing DAHDI or Zaptel on HN works perfectly. Inside the VE, however, things aren't working out. I have made available all the required /dev/dahdi or /dev/zap enties with proper perms and the one thing that is missing in order for Asterisk to see the timing device is /proc/dahdi or /proc/zap within the VE. On the HN...

vps1:/vz# cat /proc/dahdi/1
Span 1: WCFXO/0 "Generic Clone Board 1" (MASTER) RED

1 WCFXO/0/0 RED

(yes I have hardware, but I also tried all this with ztdummy/dahdi_dummy with the same problems)

However, in the VE, there is no /proc/dahdi/1 file at all. When Asterisk starts it acts as if everything is fine but none of the DAHDI commands are available and the Meetme application does not function properly (Asterisk DID install with Meetme app).

Since I have all my devices set up properly in the VE, I think all I need to make this work is the missing /proc entry. How on earth can I get this to happen? Is there a way to "fake" the file into /proc? I am asking the super-smart folks here in the OpenVZ forum because the /proc structure inside a VE seems to be your realm. Thanks!!!

-Mike Walker

P.S. - There seems to be a rumor that it might be working on i386 arch but I can't verify it at the moment. http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?&t=msg&goto=35554# msg_35554

[Updated on: Wed, 02 September 2009 12:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DAHDI/Zaptel for Asterisk in OpenVZ (/proc issue) [message #38371 is a reply to message #37308] Fri, 11 December 2009 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unxs is currently offline  unxs
This has probably been solved a long time ago, but anyway...

Do you have a line similar to this:

DEVNODES="dahdi/pseudo:rw dahdi/ctl:rw dahdi/channel:rw dahdi/timer:rw "

in your /etc/vz/conf/VEID.conf for the Asterisk VE in question?
Re: DAHDI/Zaptel for Asterisk in OpenVZ (/proc issue) [message #38505 is a reply to message #38371] Mon, 28 December 2009 06:54 Go to previous message
bbhenry is currently offline  bbhenry
Yes, I have the same problem. I have DEVNODES setup correctly, and the dahdi dummy was working good. But since now I have installed sangoma card (hardware device). I need the /proc/dahdi to show in order for the container to recognize the hardware..

how do we make the /proc information available to the containers?

Previous Topic: PPP in a container question?
Next Topic: Configure virtualized /proc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 16 10:20:54 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02956 seconds