OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » New OpenVZ VPS server control panel  () 1 Vote
New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #26172] Wed, 16 January 2008 14:19 Go to next message
mastersherin is currently offline  mastersherin

Check the new openvz vps control panel VTONf ,

URL : http://vtonf.com/

You can see a demo here . https://demo.vtonf.com:8001/

Please post your suggestions here.

Description : VTONF is a Virtual private server (VPS) control panel. It is designed to perform VPS operations in a GNU/Linux server having OpenVZ virtualization technology. VTONF is a Free software distributed under GPL license.

See release news : http://www.vtonf.com/news.html

See the feature list : http://www.vtonf.com/features.html

See screen shots : http://www.vtonf.com/demo.html
Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #26176 is a reply to message #26172] Wed, 16 January 2008 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jarcher is currently offline  jarcher
Looks encouraging, is there a user name and password we can use for the demo?

Thanks!
Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #26178 is a reply to message #26172] Wed, 16 January 2008 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

Thanks,

I have already added it to the list of control panels available for OpenVZ (http://wiki.openvz.org/Control_panels).

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #26180 is a reply to message #26172] Wed, 16 January 2008 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jarcher is currently offline  jarcher
Very nice!!

I noticed a few things:

I can not seem to remove an IP address. I selected an IP when I created a Debian node, then added another. When I try to remove the first one it does not appear in the list.

At some point, I somehow triggered a help box to appear, which covered about half the menus. I could not make it go away.

Is it possible to make it run on Debian?

It it possible to create users who have limited access to only certian features, nodes and actions?

Great work, thanks!

Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #26197 is a reply to message #26176] Thu, 17 January 2008 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

jarcher wrote on Wed, 16 January 2008 21:37

Looks encouraging, is there a user name and password we can use for the demo?

Thanks!

USe the following login

username : demo

Password : demo
Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #26198 is a reply to message #26180] Thu, 17 January 2008 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

jarcher wrote on Wed, 16 January 2008 21:50

Very nice!!

I noticed a few things:

I can not seem to remove an IP address. I selected an IP when I created a Debian node, then added another. When I try to remove the first one it does not appear in the list.

The demo server will restore every half an hour. I can add and remove IP Very Happy

Note: Currently it only for fedora, centos and redhat. The debian version is under testing.
Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #26215 is a reply to message #26172] Thu, 17 January 2008 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello,

We are expecting the beta testing from openvz users . Please send your feed backs to feedback@vtonf.com . We wish to know how it become use full to you.

See the todo list : http://www.wiki.vtonf.com/doku.php/extra:todo

Sherinmon A,

Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #26575 is a reply to message #26215] Mon, 28 January 2008 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimL is currently offline  JimL
SOunds like a good product but it doesn't run on Centos 5. I tried it on two different systesm. Missing ssl and crypto libraries. Also received php errors.

Jim.
Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #26595 is a reply to message #26575] Tue, 29 January 2008 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello,

Please have a look at , http://www.vtonf.com/forum/index.php?topic=29.0

Also can you paste the error logs ?

Sherinmon A,

Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #27160 is a reply to message #26595] Mon, 11 February 2008 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sara3 is currently offline  sara3
so wonderful product
but
1- it doesn't support the ability of multiple /vz /vz1 /vz2 /vz3 partitions
2- also it should contain some bandwidth calculation / limitation stuff
3- most important thing is to have a client area where a client can restart / control his vps
4- should have a backup thingy

so wonderful and clean code and design

THANKS
Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #27262 is a reply to message #27160] Wed, 13 February 2008 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

sara3 wrote on Mon, 11 February 2008 19:49

so wonderful product
but
1- it doesn't support the ability of multiple /vz /vz1 /vz2 /vz3 partitions
2- also it should contain some bandwidth calculation / limitation stuff
3- most important thing is to have a client area where a client can restart / control his vps
4- should have a backup thingy

so wonderful and clean code and design

THANKS

It will support multiple roots as /vz2/ /vz3/ /myvz. etc,. for getting that support please do the following,
-open the plan/conf from /etc/vz/conf/ve-myplan.conf-samlpe
-modify the following
VE_ROOT="/vz2/root/$VEID"
VE_PRIVATE="/vz2/private/$VEID"
-Now use this plan to create ve's

Also please see the rest of features in TODO List.
http://www.wiki.vtonf.com/doku.php/extra:todo

Sherinmon A,

Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #27280 is a reply to message #27262] Wed, 13 February 2008 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sara3 is currently offline  sara3
Hello
thanks for excellent software
for the todo list its so great
however i see that these are of top priority

1-End user control panel for each nodes.
2-Bandwidth measurement module.

also i didn't mean in my question to change the vz directory
but i meant to have the ability to have multiple vz directory all at once all from the web interface as i think the web interface should illuminate the need for shell command

also we should not forget about the backup functionality which is very essential nowadays so admin and client can both make / restore backups easily

a simple thing that can be done in minutes is a web based shell interface for the node and each VE .. you can integrate or make your own phpshell script ... it will be very useful

since i know php very good i can participate in this project
i have little free time which i can donate to this great project
if u agree plz pm me
Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #27915 is a reply to message #26172] Mon, 03 March 2008 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nash is currently offline  nash
Fantastic piece of s/w! Thanks for sharing in the community.

Do you know if it will work on an Athlon 64 X2 system?

best regards,
N
Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #27922 is a reply to message #26172] Mon, 03 March 2008 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello,

Yes it will work in 64 bit servers. Some of my friends installed it in 64-bit server successfully. "All those servers are production public servers".

Sherinmon A,

Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #28515 is a reply to message #26172] Fri, 21 March 2008 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SoftDux is currently offline  SoftDux
This looks like a great piece of software, but since I'm new to VTONf, & OpenVZ for that matter, I have a few questions.

If I have a CentOS 5.0 server, running cPanel already, but with OpenVZ installed by my host, how would I use VTONf without breaking anything?

Does it automatically create the partitions for the VE's?
Does it need LVM to work?

If I have 2 HDD's, and I want to use the second HDD for my VE's, how would I need to partition it?

Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #28533 is a reply to message #28515] Sat, 22 March 2008 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

SoftDux wrote on Fri, 21 March 2008 23:03

This looks like a great piece of software, but since I'm new to VTONf, & OpenVZ for that matter, I have a few questions.

If I have a CentOS 5.0 server, running cPanel already, but with OpenVZ installed by my host, how would I use VTONf without breaking anything?

Does it automatically create the partitions for the VE's?
Does it need LVM to work?

The vtonf installation will not break your current settings.

Currently it will not automatically create partitions. You may need an Openvz pre configured server.

>>If I have 2 HDD's, and I want to use the second HDD for my VE's, how would I need to partition it?

You may need to mount it as /second or you can create different plans with,
VE_ROOT="/second/root/$VEID"
VE_PRIVATE="/second/private/$VEID"

Sherinmon A,

Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #37102 is a reply to message #28533] Wed, 19 August 2009 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JofleyUK is currently offline  JofleyUK
Where has your website gone???

I dont see it anymore, are you still writing/coding vtonf???
Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #37106 is a reply to message #37102] Wed, 19 August 2009 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry ,

I left those guys 1 year ago. This project seems to be dead. But I am not sure some one is updating it.

Re: New OpenVZ VPS server control panel [message #37435 is a reply to message #26172] Thu, 10 September 2009 14:26 Go to previous message
irontowngeek is currently offline  irontowngeek
The software must have gone to the way-side,because the hyper-links brings up the domain is "for sale".
Go figure.
After looking at the cute girl,I'm more interested in learning more about her,than this "product".
Previous Topic: 24x7 VPS management offer - 99$ only - Unlimited
Next Topic: Monitoring Virtuals with Nagios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 10 00:52:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04423 seconds