OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Allowing web-based direct shell access?
Allowing web-based direct shell access? [message #36789] Mon, 20 July 2009 08:55 Go to next message
rmwebs is currently offline  rmwebs
Hi,

We're building our own small control panel for customers to manage their VPS from however are trying to do the following:

Basically, we want to allow customers to login to their shell via the main node. So if for example, they locked themself out, they could still get in to fix it.

Anyone know how the best way to do this is?

I'm guessing you have to use vzctl enter however whats to stop someone just using 'logout' to get back to your main node?

Thanks for your time!
Re: Allowing web-based direct shell access? [message #36809 is a reply to message #36789] Tue, 21 July 2009 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone? Confused
Re: Allowing web-based direct shell access? [message #36815 is a reply to message #36809] Tue, 21 July 2009 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Why don't you use ssh access?
Does something like "exec vzctl enter $VEID" suit you?
Re: Allowing web-based direct shell access? [message #36848 is a reply to message #36815] Thu, 23 July 2009 18:52 Go to previous message
maratrus wrote on Tue, 21 July 2009 12:49
Why don't you use ssh access?
Does something like "exec vzctl enter $VEID" suit you?

Hi maratrus,

I really need it to be in a web-based console (i.e a Java console). I can get a java ssh client setup no problem. But its the logging people in via the main node, so they can get in even if ssh is down that I cant do.

Obviously its possible as its done in loads of control panels, however I cant find anything that would allow you to do this :/
Previous Topic: OpenVPN bridhing inside VE
Next Topic: Containers Pause/Freezes for a Second or Two
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 12:16:54 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04018 seconds