OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ kernel not loading (OpenVZ kernel not loading)
icon9.gif  OpenVZ kernel not loading [message #36737] Tue, 14 July 2009 09:06 Go to previous message
Pioden is currently offline  Pioden
Hi folks,

I'm trying to set-up OpenVZ on a fresh installation of Debian Lenny. Unfortunately I just cannot get the openvz kernel to load! I was hoping that someone here might be able to suggest what's wrong.

The hardware is an oldish Xeon box with six SCSI hard disks. The boot partition is RAID1 and the data partition (for want of a better description) is RAID10. All software RAID. The standard Lenny kernel boots fine, but when I switch to the OpenVZ kernel it locks. The lock appears to happen when the kernel is 'inspecting the disks'.It gets to a certain point and locks solid - a hard reboot is required to recover the system. I've Googled the problem but without success.

Personally I suspect what the kernel might not like software RAID10 - but I cannot find any supporting evidence for this (one way or the other) via Google.

Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

TIA

Huw

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Problems with local network interface
Next Topic: Strange Behavior with multiple venet0 interfaces
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 04 01:12:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09026 seconds