OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Running Java in an OpenVZ 'container' - Need some advice
Running Java in an OpenVZ 'container' - Need some advice [message #36707] Sat, 11 July 2009 11:45 Go to next message
kabirmahmood is currently offline  kabirmahmood
Hi all,

I am a total novice to OpenVZ and have recently started experimenting with it, as part of my Masters degree project.

I am developing a Java based application server which I have looked at various approaches for sandboxing/isolating and I have arrived at the conclusion that the OpenVZ method is the most suitable one.

My only reservation however, is that I have read accounts of many people who seem to have problems such as memory issues with running Java applications such as Tomcat, Glassfish etc within OpenVZ.

I have also noted that web hosts which provide both Xen and OpenVZ VPS solutions, seem to reccommend Xen for Java applications.

Can someone please advise me if it is possible to successfully run Tomcat or Glassfish in an OpenVZ container?

Note that the server machine I intend to run this on is fairly high spec (3gb ram) and there will only be two OpenVZ containers running on this, both with Java.

I look forward to some help and advice, it will be most appreciated.

[Updated on: Sat, 11 July 2009 11:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Running Java in an OpenVZ 'container' - Need some advice [message #36709 is a reply to message #36707] Sun, 12 July 2009 12:35 Go to previous message
vijay_361 is currently offline  vijay_361
In order to run java in openvz, first thing you should do is to allocate 1 GB ram to each machine(openvz).
in privmpages , i think ( i dont remember exactly)
or else you cant run java. This will show error like memory is not enough or any cache error.

Other than this , there is no problem. Once you did this everything will be finished..

vijayan
Previous Topic: Public and private IP vor VE
Next Topic: IP issues with open VZ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 21 04:24:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03120 seconds