OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » [solved] nfs mount vs. mount --bind
Re: nfs mount vs. mount --bind [message #36513 is a reply to message #26405] Sun, 28 June 2009 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
freedev is currently offline  freedev
Hi all,

I have a hundred of containers that must mount the same identical NFS share list, so I have for example: 5 NFS mount on hardware node and 5 hundreds of bind inside the containers.
But I'm experiencing a strange behavior when I stop a container: during the execution of unmount script (in /vz/private/$VEID/scripts/umount), not only the bind mount is unmounted but also the related NFS Volumes is unmounted.

So for example: if we have a NFS volume:

IPADDRESS:/VOLUME/share01 --> /usr/local/storage/share01

and a bind mount:

/usr/local/storage/share01 --> /vz/root/$VEID/usr/local/mnt/share01

when we stop the container and umount /vz/root/$VEID/usr/local/mnt/share01
also the NFS volume /usr/local/mnt/share01 is unmounted.

This problem is critical because if only one Container is stopped all remaining bind inside the containers become stale.
I found a workaround using the umount command with -l (lazy) parameter, so the bind is unmounted correctly without affect the NFS Volumes.

I apologize for a so long introduction, but the question is: could someone tell me if this behavior is related to OpenVZ?
The workaround we found it seems work well, someone think any counterindication or any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Vincenzo

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Additional partition in container?
Next Topic: memory controller and OpenVZ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 05 18:44:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03114 seconds