OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » [solved] questions and issues about veth
[solved] questions and issues about veth [message #36347] Fri, 12 June 2009 05:38 Go to next message
Balbuzard is currently offline  Balbuzard
Hey,

I have read and followed the instructions of the wiki about the configuration of a virtual ethernet network (veth) and it is working perfectly for my first VPS.

I have set an IP-address in my VPS editing the /etc/network/interfaces file, and I can therfore ping the host or some websites.

I just would like to know why the vzlist command does not return the VPS-IP-Address? vzlist returns CTID, NPROC, STATUS (running) HOSTNAME but nothing for IP_ADD.

Then, why the host virtual ethernet device disappears when I reboot the VPS?

Thank you very much for your help!

[Updated on: Fri, 12 June 2009 11:18] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: questions and issues about veth [message #36350 is a reply to message #36347] Fri, 12 June 2009 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khorenko is currently offline  khorenko
Hi,

looks like you solved the problem of several Containers with veth. Smile That's good.

Quote:

I just would like to know why the vzlist command does not return the VPS-IP-Address? vzlist returns CTID, NPROC, STATUS (running) HOSTNAME but nothing for IP_ADD.

vzlist will show you CT IP if you set up this IP with help of vzctl. And if you set it up from inside a CT (like you did) - it won't.

Quote:

Then, why the host virtual ethernet device disappears when I reboot the VPS?

This is because veth is not a single interface, it always consists of 2 parts - 2 ends - one is inside a CT and the other is outside (on the Hardware Node). When you stop the CT, you remove the veth part that is inside a CT, thus the second half (on HN) is also removed.

Hope this helps.

--
Konstantin

If your problem is solved - please, report it!
It's even more important than reporting the problem itself...
Re: questions and issues about veth [message #36358 is a reply to message #36350] Fri, 12 June 2009 11:14 Go to previous message
Balbuzard is currently offline  Balbuzard
Yes, it helps!
Thank you very much!
Previous Topic: NIC teaming(bonding)
Next Topic: Openfiler?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 17 17:28:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06299 seconds