OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Hardware node reboot does not retain iptables
Hardware node reboot does not retain iptables [message #36175] Tue, 26 May 2009 18:32 Go to next message
crunch is currently offline  crunch

I'm sure there's a solution to this, but maybe I've missed something. I have Debian 5.0 Lenny installed on both of my hardware nodes. To cut to the chase, everything works fine; however, subsequently following a reboot the iptables natting is not retained therefore no packets can be passed outside of the VPS. Using the command found in the documentation seems to do the trick: iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s Y.Y.Y.Y/24 -o eth0 -j SNAT --to X.X.X.X. But I was wondering if anyone would have a solution for automating this upon boot?

Edit: The reboot occurs on the hardware node.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hardware node reboot does not retain iptables [message #36182 is a reply to message #36175] Wed, 27 May 2009 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
I'm not sure that this is an OpenVZ specific question.
Anyway, is this what you want?
http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/445
Re: Hardware node reboot does not retain iptables [message #36187 is a reply to message #36182] Wed, 27 May 2009 14:26 Go to previous message
crunch is currently offline  crunch

I'll let you know as soon as I get to test it out. This is running on a live server, so I won't be able to test until the weekend. Thank you for the reply, since I do believe this is what I was looking for.

N/A
Previous Topic: VE and network communications
Next Topic: Clock Drift
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 02:28:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07743 seconds