OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Adding New IP Range
Adding New IP Range [message #36159] Tue, 26 May 2009 02:25 Go to next message
bjdea1 is currently offline  bjdea1
Hi,
I'm running Open VZ on one of our servers and its been running nicely for some time now. Just recently I needed to add a new IP range to the server.

How do I add this new IP Range so that the IPs are usable for a new VPS?

With the default IPs Open VZ seemed to auto detect everything, but this new range - it doesn't seem to detect them. If I add one of the IPs from the range to the server, as eth0:5 for example then OpenVZ will detect the entire IP Range for about 20 minutes, but then loose them again. I have to keep adding and removing one of the IPs every 20 minutes to keep OpenVZ able to see the range.

How do I add the second IP Range permanently? Thanks

Deasoft.com Hosting/Software
AutoBillMe.com Billing Automation

[Updated on: Tue, 26 May 2009 02:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding New IP Range [message #36164 is a reply to message #36159] Tue, 26 May 2009 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Please, describe your network configuration precisely and also provide the commands that you have issued.
# ip a l, ip r l, arp -n (from the HN and from inside the VE)
http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=tree&goto=27545& #msg_27545
Re: Adding New IP Range [message #36168 is a reply to message #36164] Tue, 26 May 2009 11:04 Go to previous message
bjdea1 is currently offline  bjdea1
Actually this seems to be solved now.

Previously I had some IPs setup via the free "Dns Only" version of cpanel, which runs on the hardware node.

After removing all IPs under cpanel and restarting all the VPS containers all of a sudden now its working fine with no problems. Been able to ping continuously now on all VPS's for over 50 minutes (on both IP Ranges).

So seems if you have 2 different IP Ranges you need to get rid of any cpanel setup IPs

Deasoft.com Hosting/Software
AutoBillMe.com Billing Automation

[Updated on: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: /proc/swaps needed for Oracle 11g RAC
Next Topic: ioacct interpretation and unit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 12:11:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03011 seconds