OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » VPN inside VE, tunnel only specific traffic
VPN inside VE, tunnel only specific traffic [message #35714] Thu, 16 April 2009 19:30
tetra is currently offline  tetra
Hello,

I have a venet setup where the HN runs shorewall and controls the traffic going from and into the VEs. Each VE has one public IP.

Now I want to set up a VPN inside one of the VEs. I already got the VPN to work flawlessly but it redirects ALL traffic through the VPN which I do not want.

I thought about marking the packets inside the VE that should take the route through the VPN (based on the destination port) and then direct them to the appropriate routing table, but I don't know how I can accomplish this.

I experimented with iptables inside the VPN VE but it seems to conflict with shorewall somehow - at least the packets aren't marked at all.

What do you think is the best way of doing this? Is there maybe a way to set up the VPN on the HN and use it inside the VE? That way I could use shorewall for marking the packets.

I'm a little confused, sorry when I talk rubbish.

Edit: I think I got it:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/tun0/rp_filter
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE
iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 1
ip rule add fwmark 1 table vpn
ip route add default dev tun0 table vpn

I don't know if it's the optimal solution, but at least it works. (I tried marking in the POSTROUTING chain first, but I don't know why that doesn't work)

[Updated on: Fri, 17 April 2009 02:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Choice of a Container to connect in during the boot
Next Topic: About VE arp problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 14:39:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02450 seconds