OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Choice of a Container to connect in during the boot
Choice of a Container to connect in during the boot [message #35676] Mon, 13 April 2009 23:48 Go to next message
Balbuzard is currently offline  Balbuzard
Hi!
I use OpenVZ during a while, now, and I just want to know if it is possible to connect to a Container during the boot and forbid to log in another container with OpenVZ tools.
For example, The user switch the computer on, he has the choice of the different containers, he connects to his own. If he wants to switch, he has to know the password of the other one. Exactly the same for a session, but with root rights on it.
Don't hesitate to ask me any question if it is not perfectly clear!
Thanks for your answers!
Re: Choice of a Container to connect in during the boot [message #35688 is a reply to message #35676] Wed, 15 April 2009 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Hi,

indeed, the description is not clear enough.

Quote:

For example, The user switch the computer on

What do you have in mind? HN or some external computer?
Privileged user is able to connect the container from HN via "vzctl enter" command without being asked root passwd.
Please, describe the scenario you want to achieve in great detail.
Re: Choice of a Container to connect in during the boot [message #35702 is a reply to message #35688] Wed, 15 April 2009 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balbuzard is currently offline  Balbuzard
Ok, thanks a lot for your answer, I will try to make myself more clear,
On the OpenVZ kernel, I have created some containers. When the computer boots, I am not in any container, but I can enter in anyone of them by entering the command vztcl enter 3 for example.
So, if there are a lot of users in this computer, each of them can access to any container.
I just would like to know if there is a way to avoid it, to force to enter a password to access the container. Each user would have his own container.
Then, when the computer boots, is there a way to ask to the user in which container he wants to log on (which may include the physical machine itself)?
I hope it is better explained now, but anyway don't hesitate to tell me if it is not the case Wink
Thanks for you help!
Re: Choice of a Container to connect in during the boot [message #35708 is a reply to message #35702] Thu, 16 April 2009 11:52 Go to previous message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Hi,

Quote:

So, if there are a lot of users in this computer, each of them can access to any container.

A nonprivileged user cannot enter container only with help of sudo command.

Quote:

I just would like to know if there is a way to avoid it, to force to enter a password to access the container. Each user would have his own container.

There are no standard OpenVZ tools to achieve this goal (frankly speaking, I don't know why do you need such behavior). But I guess, it worth trying to resolve the issue using pure Linux resources.
For example, you can change /etc/passwd (use vipw command) so that the initial command, that are invoked when a user enters the system, would be not a standard /bin/bash but /home/username/enter. /home/username/enter is a bash script which may be a simple "/bin/bash -c "sudo /usr/sbin/vzctl enter $VEID"" command or can carry out more complicated logic.
Previous Topic: Unable to fork: Cannot allocate memory
Next Topic: VPN inside VE, tunnel only specific traffic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 09:53:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03735 seconds