OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » using /dev/ttyS0 inside a VM ?
CAPI and OpenVZ [message #35664 is a reply to message #11853] Sat, 11 April 2009 17:07 Go to previous message
laotse is currently offline  laotse
I'm struggling with such problems the whole day. Unfortunately, I'm not sufficiently familar with the ISDN/CAPI stack, to do more than trial and error.

Could anyone report in reasonable detail what it takes to get CAPI applications running inside a VE?

After I failed setting up Asterisk with chan_capi, I went for my current setup, using SIP only Asterisk (works in VE) and another VE hosting Hylafax and a voicebox. But setting up Hylafax failed at about the same steps, where Asterisk ran into a dead end.

I'm using Debian Lenny (Host and VE) and an AVM B1 card. capiinfo on the node looks fine. My reference setup has a Fritz!PCI, so I'm just pretty sure that it looks fine. Sad

Since there are some reports about Asterisk with chan_capi running inside a VE, there should be someone knowing how to achieve this.

Well, trying to setup Hylafax inside a VE I forced it to ignore it's dependency on capiutils, which installed allright on the Node and produced all devnodes it should take, which I in turn exported to the VE. Starting c2faxrecv inside the VE finally locked me out of the entire node! Evil or Very Mad I had to switch it off, enter in single-user mode and destroy the VE. Something I'd expected OpenVZ to prevent strictly. Especially on a Quad-Core.

Any help appreciated,
- lars.

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Disabling all limits
Next Topic: Missing RPM database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 21:08:17 GMT 2024